Monday, November 3, 2008

Time For Some Tough Love

To say that the puppies had gotten used to walking all over us is an understatement. They have started fighting for "Top Dog" status. We have had to break them up several time. So today I decieded to become the "Top Dog"! We got a sprayer for our water hose, and when they start misbehaving I go out there and spray them with it. I have been doing it all afternoon, and now when I come outside, they keep their distance from me, and if I grab that hose, they stop what they are doing. They had been taking over our deck and tearing everything up. Now if I go out side they all run off the deck as fast as they can. I now feel empowered. When they all run down I go down there and tell them good puppies and pet them, but when they jump on my I give them another squirt! But I think they are learning. They are all giving me the puppy dog eyes, but I am now not effected by them. They will leard to be good puppies, if its the last think I do.

No comments: